Glad 2B Back

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I am back from Chicago! Thank goodness. Not that I don't like Chicago; I happen to think it is a fabulous town. It's such a good looking city. However, going there for work is quite different than going for pleasure. I didn't get to do much pleasure seeking at all. It was all work work work. I'm lucky though that I was put up in The Palmer House Hilton which is a nice hotel indeed. Here's a snapshot of the ceiling in the lobby.

There were also these beautiful doors in the lobby that had been made by Tiffany himself.

One night I did get back in time to swim in the pool.

But mostly, this is pretty much all I saw of the city itself. A whole bunch of nothing. With the exception of....

..this giant eyeball!!


It was a few blocks away from the hotel. I kept seeing it while I was in taxis. And I really thought it was too good to be true. Who doesn't find intrigue in a giant eyeball in the financial district of a metropolis? So after swimming I walked down and got some pictures of it.


I can tell you that I was the only one talking pictures of this eyeball. I felt like a true foreigner. It cracks me up that the eyeball looks like it needs a few drops of Visine. Someone told me that last Halloween someone put a giant patch on the eye. hah!


Finally, here is a picture of me that I took to prove I was really there.

This weekend I am very excited to be back because The Equine Affaire starts on Thursday! First I am dragging my husband to Pfizer Fantasia on Thursday night even though some people will try and tell you Pfizer Fantasia is just for kids. Then on the weekend I will go and spend hours there. I want to see Monty Roberts, Chris Cox (Bill's fave), and Stacy Westfall. I also can't wait for the Versatile Horse & Rider Competition. I always get lots of ideas for my own obstacle courses there. And I bet I'll be able to find some pink fly bonnets and saddle pads! It is going to be great!

But for now, farewell. I have a lot of blogs to catch up on reading !

5 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

The eyeball is gross but I loved the Neil Diamond song on your blog. Song Sung Blue is some much fun at a concert. LOL

Frizzle said...

I heart Chicago! That is my hometown...well, not really. I did live in Philly, Harrisburg (both Penn), & Westford (Mass) previously, but I spent seventeen years in Chicago and I love it! Gorgeous city, awesome deep-dish pizza, tons of great museums, etc. I miss it (except for in the chilly, chilly winter-time!).
That eyeball is awesome!
Glad you had a good time. Oh, and please take lots of pics at the Equine Affaire, especially the Versatile Horse & Rider Competition!

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it back OK - next time you're here you have to make a bit of time so we can get together! The Palmer House is nice and the eyeball . . . well, what can I say!??

SprinklerBandit said...

Enjoy EA. Sigh. Things like that never come here.

juliette said...

Glad you are back in Brumbytown. Nice photos...except the eyeball ones - weird. I've driven through Chicago, but never really been. One of my favorite paintings is at The Art Institute so I know I will go someday. Have fun at the Equine Affair.

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here about my bay state brumby!