Not Exactly Back in the Saddle...

Saturday, April 23, 2011

I am back in Blogging Land! I had to take a break from blogging to work on our renovation project. In this picture you see one of our bedrooms before we started....

..and here is the AFTER picture. Minus the furniture of course. Yes, much more peaceful, I'd say. While we have been working on the bedrooms, my blogging room has been stuffed with all the things that are usually in the bedrooms. Getting to the computer has required the skills of a contortionist, and I have the flexibility of a two by four. Thus, my blogging has suffered.


But we also paused to go to the seashore. A change of scenery can be refreshing and restorative. Our spring has been very cold and very wet. In fact today, April 23rd. it was snowing the entire time I drove to Home Depot. Some spring season this has been. Blech. Before I went to the beach, I put Lilly in the Big Pasture. I knew she'd be there for a while and I know she loves it there. Bill helped me get her out there and there were a few squeals as she encountered the other horses, but no real drama, although I did see her kick both of her back legs out at Ruby.

It was cold at the beach too. But because it is not yet May, we got to take Getty on the beach itself. In Ocean Grove, dogs are not allowed anywhere near the beach or boardwalk from May to November. It is cruel, isn't it, to not allow a dog to run on the beach in the summertime? We were glad to be able to take Getty right down to the sea. She is no water dog and had no inclination to go swimming. With the giant ocean and the roaring wind, Getty just wanted out of there!

It was so windy that the surf was whipped up into little meringue fluffs. Here is the fishing club. I always think that stature is a real person. I forget everytime.


While in Ocean Grove, we had some electrical trouble at the house. The power company had to come out and get things in order. I took this picture for Bill, who used to be a lineman himself.


Sunday the weather was much friendlier. What a difference one day can make!

A long time ago, Asbury Park (which is right next to Ocean Grove), had quite the boardwalk attractions. Here is what is left of what must have been a very cool carousel.

Oh look! I am getting ready for the summer after all! You see that my brumby is not too far from my mind at any given time.

Next weekend, I hope to be back in the saddle! Until then, Fare Well, dear friends in the blogosphere.

6 comments:

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

your bedroom looks super good! i really like the tones of the wooden floor and the paint choices. similar to our colors here at the house. i want those flip flops!! ponies! :)

Calm, Forward, Straight said...

Great job on the room renovation. If you're going to miss out on riding time (and blogging about it) that is a very good reason.

Glad you got to take a little beach break, and those flops are awesome. Bring on the appropriate weather now please ;)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

The new paint makes the bedroom look so much bigger and really warms up and brings attention to your beautiful floors.

Yes, this has been a crazy Spring.Ours have been the driest and windiest Spring for a long time. I think we may have even skipped Spring and will soon be moving into winter. :(

The beach photos are great. I had to enlarge the one with the statue. I would have thought he was real, too. A crazy day to be fishing, though. lol!
Oh! To have only been around when that carousel was in grand motion. There was so much attention to detail and such quality in the past. sigh.

Love your new flip flops. hehe!

~Lisa

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

moving into summer...not winter. lol!

~Lisa

Paint Girl said...

The room looks so much better! We need to do some painting this summer, don't know if it will happen, but we will try!
Your vacation looked like fun! It is so great to get away!
Love the flip flops! I need a pair of those!! LOL!

Michelle said...

Looks so cold and uninviting! Lol, I'd last about a minute there! Even though I'm in Florida, I won't step foot in the Atlantic until at least May because it's way too cold!! BTW, I'm kinda in love with Getty and way in love with those flops. Wanna share your source??

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here about my bay state brumby!