And Down She Goes!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Today Lilly decided it would be a good idea to dump me in a little pond while she tried to roll around in it! There I was, out on the trail with Bill and Christine having a lovely time. We passed through the exact same giant puddle that yesterday we had mosied through with not one ounce of trouble. But today, !!, today was the day Lilly figured she'd lay down in the water. Down she went, and down I went with her! Before tumbling off of her back I screamed out "Bad Horse!" five-year-old-style, but this (of course) was no remedy. By then it was too late; Lilly was plunking into the water like a whale, and all I could do was try to scramble off of her. When she got up, she was drenched! And filthy! The bottom half of me was also drenched, and my camera was floating in a little pool of water in the pommel bag! VERY NAUGHTY BRUMBY.

The [not so] funny thing is, about 20 minutes later we were standing in a pasture, and Lilly tried to fold again! Again, I tell you!! But this time, I got some in-the-moment- coaching from Bill and Christine, and I was able to pull her back up from further knee-buckling.


Today's adventure rating: 10 of 10!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here about my bay state brumby!