All in a Day's Work

Saturday, April 18, 2009

This is what Lilly's mixture of yummy grain and pills look like. I have started to just take this dish of stuff out to her and give it to her while she is eating hay with her buddies. Today once again she ate everything but two pills. When I pointed them out to her, she ate them up.
Yep, that's me. I'm keeping my eye on Elvis who was particularly interested in Lilly's grain. He's right behind her, just waiting for his chance to butt in.


Here are some pictures from the ring today. Although I had a trail ride planned for Lilly, Bill's friend Ceecee was there and she has been riding horses since she was five. So we went into the ring to try a little barrel racing. I was a little apprehensive about it.

And so we started with a nice gentle jog.


But in the end gave it a try. No that is not actually a barrel. But the cone works as well. I was a little worried about making Lilly canter all over just in case her joints hurt. I need to ask the vet about that. She was none too happy about being asked to move fast around the cones and pinned her ears terribly. She didn't really canter. Truth be told, I think getting better at working around some barrels could get really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here about my bay state brumby!