Living the Dream!

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Clinton Anderson says that you can never flex a horse too many times. He says that you can get a horse to flex a million times and it would still not be too much! For a while, every time I got on Lilly I would get her to flex her head ten times to each side. Because this is what I have seen Clinton do on his TV show on RFD-TV. For him, as soon as he picks up the reins, his horse tucks her head back. So here I am, trying to be like Clinton. Lilly flexes much more easily and willingly to the other side. She also canters better going to the left.
Here is Bill on Pokey. It is always a good thing to get a horse used to the water. I'm lucky that my horse never seems to mind getting wet. Water, unlike green tarps, does not seem to particularly phase her. This horse Pokey has always been one of my favorites at Bear River Horse Farm. Probably because he's so friendly and curious. And I do love that stripe down his back--and he has little zebra stripes on his legs.


Here is my arty shot of the week.

1 comment:

Paint Girl said...

Yes, stretching! Something I do almost everytime I ride! I love Clinton Anderson, I think my sis and I are going to one of his clinics in June. Which reminds me, I should ask her about that!

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here about my bay state brumby!